About Us

San Juan Country Club is Farmington’s selection for fine recreation and dining. It was started in 1952 by local businessmen, who wanted a Country Club with a clubhouse and a golf course. The first planning meetings were held at McCormick Elementary School with approximately 35 in attendance. Lifetime membership and assorted fundraisers were held to build the clubhouse and complete the first nine holes. Some area families purchased the lifetime memberships for $1250 even though they were not guaranteed the club would be a success.

Initial Lifetime Membership Purchasers

Mr. & Mrs. Ray Atchison
Mr. & Mrs. Tom Bolack
Mr. & Mrs. C.C. Culpepper
Mr. & Mrs. J.L. Foutz
Mr. & Mrs. H.C. Lyle
Mr. & Mrs. Neal Martin
Mr. & Mrs. C.H. Nye
Mr & Mrs. H.W. Peacock
Mr. & Mrs. Nat Skousen
Mr. & Mrs. H.M. Taylor

First Officers

C.C. Culpepper- President
Ray Atchinson-Vice- President
Tom Bolack- Secretary/Treasurer
First General Manager- Neals Bruhm
First Golf Professional-Tex Mcharen

Site Scripts
Hide Click to Edits:
FED Scripts
CWS & Content Load