History

San Juan Country Club was started in 1952 by local businessmen, who wanted a Country Club with a clubhouse and a golf course. The first planning meetings were held at McCormick Elementary School with approximately 35 in attendance.Lifetime membership and assorted fundraisers were held to build the clubhouse and complete the first nine holes. Some area families purchased the lifetime memberships for $1250 even though they were not guaranteed the club would be a success.

Initial Lifetime Membership Purchasers

  • Mr. & Mrs. Ray Atchison
  • Mr. & Mrs. Tom Bolack
  • Mr. & Mrs. C.C. Culpepper
  • Mr. & Mrs. J.L. Foutz
  • Mr. & Mrs. H.C. Lyle
  • Mr. & Mrs. Neal Martin
  • Mr. & Mrs. C.H. Nye
  • Mr & Mrs. H.W. Peacock
  • Mr. & Mrs. Nat Skousen
  • Mr. & Mrs. H.M. Taylor

First Officers

  • C.C. Culpepper- President
  • Ray Atchinson-Vice- President
  • Tom Bolack- Secretary/Treasurer
  • First General Manager: Neals Bruhm
  • First Golf Professional: Tex Mcharen
Site Scripts
Hide Click to Edits:
FED Scripts
CWS & Content Load